How to take part in the ELDW?
ELDW is targeted specifically at local and regional authorities (local communities, cities, municipalities, provinces, regions).
In order to take part in the ELDW as Partner of the Week, simply follow these recommendations:
- Read the general information on ELDW and the thematic ideas focused on the leading theme of the year;
- Plan initiatives to be held with citizens and residents during the Week (or at a different time of the year if necessary) mainly focusing on the leading theme and on other participatory processes initiatives;
- Fill in the registration form to take part in ELDW. If you feel that your city complies with the 5 specific criteria, you may apply as a “12-Star”. Otherwise, register as Partner of ELDW;
- Download and print out information materials from the relevant section of this website, and publicise the ELDW logo on your official website;
- Organise the planned events and initiatives with citizens and target groups.
Organise the ELDW with the “12-Star” status?
Towns, local and regional authorities wishing to give special prominence to their participation in European Local Democracy Week, may organise their Week as a “12-Star” authority.
This title is intended to highlight the commitment with which a city council/a municipality raises its citizens’ awareness of local democracy and encourages them to make use of all the opportunities provided through participatory democracy processes.
In order to take part in European Local Democracy Week as a “12-Star”, municipalities/other local entities must undertake to fulfil five criteria and conditions. To know more click here.
Those authorities who are not able to fulfill all of these criteria are more than encouraged to organise events as Partner of the ELDW, and the Congress will reckon their involvement in the ELDW.