The title of “Partner of the European Local Democracy Week” recognises local and regional authorities and their associations to have done the most effective activities in order to sustain local democracy during the Week. This title is granted a posteriori upon the actual participation and report of activities by the Congress Bureau.
In order to receive this annual title, municipalities and other local entities must fulfil the following criteria:
- Allocate a specific budget for citizens’ participation;
- Run an ELDW promotion campaign using the ELDW visual identity decided upon and provided by the Congress;
- Carry out a number of specific activities linked to the leading theme of the year;
- Organise an event with a pan-European dimension. A Congress representative may be invited to this main event;
- Extend the social scope of the initiative by reaching out to different groups of citizens (children, women, Roma and Travellers, people with a disability…);
- Promote the engagement of young people and youth organisations;
- Implement sustainable initiatives;
- Implement innovative activities and projects.
If you fulfilled the criterias, you are invited to fulfill the form.