The title of “Partner of the European Local Democracy Week” recognises local authorities and associations which have done the most effective activities in order to sustain local democracy throughout the year. This title is granted a posteriori upon review of the application by the Congress Bureau.
In order to receive this annual title, municipalities and other local entities must fulfil the following criteria:
- Allocate a specific budget for citizens’ participation;
- Run an ELDW promotion campaign (posters, promotion of activities at school...) using the ELDW visual identity decided upon and provided by the Congress;
- Carry out a number of specific activities linked to the leading theme of the year;
- Organise an event with a European or pan-European dimension to raise awareness about the Council of Europe and its Congress and to illustrate the role of local authorities in the construction of a democratic Europe. A Congress representative may be invited to this main event;
- Inclusiveness: extend the social scope of the initiative by reaching out to different groups of citizens, especially the groups that can feel excluded (children, elderly, women, Roma and Travellers, people with a disability, minorities…);
- Promote the engagement of young people and youth organisations, including by involving or creating youth councils;
- Implement sustainable initiatives thereby creating an environment in which citizens and local authorities share the same long-term goals, namely, to reinforce citizens’ awareness and participation in decision making;
- Implement innovative activities and projects.
If you fulfilled the criterias, you are invited to fill in the form.